Bulgaria beat last year's champion United States 2-1

Bulgaria beat last year's champion United States 2-1






Bulgaria beat last year's champion United States 2-1 victories in their last match of the tournament for mixed teams' Hopman Cup. " Thus the Bulgarians finished second in Group "A" with a total of 2 wins and 1 loss. The winner of Group Czech Republic, who finished with a complete asset to qualify for the finals. Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Mardy Fish and Bethany Matek-Sands in the decisive doubles match with 8:5 in the pro set. At the last minute has required changes in the rules as Grisham hurry to catch a flight to Sydney. At his request, the organizers decided the winner can not be determined in two sets, then one to eight games.
In the first singles match Pironkova loss of beta-Sands Matek with 4:6, 4:6, but then immediately tied Dimitrov, crashed after about 59 minutes Fish 6-2, 6-1 and achieved success over the first player from Top 10 in ATP ranking.
"I was very concentrated. Looking forward to this match against a player in the Top 10. I played the way I wanted. Fish was pretty nervous after singles match and I would like to tell us what was the dialogue. Surely the words that we exchanged were not of good character. After their doubles match and talked it became clear that I had insulted him with something. Quick to catch a flight to Sydney and the organizers agreed to play a few sets. with flowers are very happy that we managed to make another good match together. All this week was good. People were very welcoming and the crowd helped us a lot. Overall, I am pleased with your performance throughout the tournament. I hope to play again next year here, "said 76 th in the world Dimitrov.


"We expect a similar result, but hopefully, Pironkova said. - By Gregory are in good shape and had our chances in the tournament. Shastliva I am presenting to us. Bettany played very well until I could not find the rhythm of the game. I was confused on the court level and physically I was not the best. There is nothing to hide. This week was very important, gained experience. Grigor shown that it is in great shape and I think today make the best match. deserves admiration for this. They feel very well together on the court. It is far more experienced couples and gives me valuable advice. I hope in future to play together, "he Pironkova, which are part of the tournament in Hobart.

Comments